Monday, January 26, 2009

1/19 to 1/25


Monday Jan. 19: Della's (or my old) apartment living room floor

Della and I had a slumber party in her living room while I was in Rochester. One night we watched a very weird and silly animation called "People" (but this is not the point). This is a shot of very sleepy Della. I liked the body language and angle of the shot, since it is obvious that it is being shot from under the table and on the floor. I appreciate the simplicity of the environment. Also I enjoyed that Della is clearly dressed for the day in (in non-sleepwear), that it is obvious that daylight is pouring in the window, and yet Della is sleeping, or is in a position that says "I don't want to wake up yet."

Tuesday Jan. 20: My bed

I needed a shot, or so I remembered while lying in bed trying to sleep. So I pulled out my cell phone and snapped a really dark 1 mp cell phone pic of me sticking my mouth guard out of my mouth. It was a really bland image, until I noticed that Lightroom had a direct positive filter as an option. I was so curious that I clicked on it,and low and behold it made a better, more interesting image just because of the contrast.

Wednesday Jan. 21: The basement

I walked downstairs and thought it was hilarious that my brother was talking on the phone and talking online with the same person. I loved the body language he had while on the couch coupled with the fact that his computer lit up his face well. ( Doesn't it look like he is having a fantastic conversation!)I also found that even though there is a large bright spot in the corner of the image, your eyes don't focus on it because of how large and bright it is. It almost hurts your eyes, like staring at the sun does. Because of this, your eyes are drawn to my brother, the point of the picture. On top of that I like the little touches, such as the large pile of Mountain Dew Bottles next to the shoes in the right bottom corner.

Thursday Jan. 22: Nowhere, Nothing, No shot today

Spent the entire day re-editing the project seen here.

Friday Jan. 23: The Edge Teen Center

Movie Night at the Edge, where I was volunteering. I got a group of kids together to play scene it with me. Its interesting to see what people remember about movies. I just really liked Jake's facial expression that he made while trying to figure out an actor from a really old photo of the actor.


Saturday Jan. 24: Living Room

Look we are finally taking down the Christmas tree (its fake, not a dried out old flammable one thankfully). The pattern of light on the box drew me to this image. Otherwise, I think my Dad's left arm looks really freaky. The background also looks a lot like motion blur to me, but it isn't because I know that my house was not moving while I took the photo.


Sunday Jan. 25: The Couch

This is where I spent most of the day, working on my smugmug website thing. Typical face of mine while doing webwork. Here's my smugmug though.

No comments: