Monday, January 26, 2009

1/12 to 1/18

Monday Jan. 12: The Edge

Went to the Edge for a meeting and a paper signing session. For some reason a lot of kids decided to play pool. Its kind of small, but I liked that Nate's eyes were in focus. Also the arrangement of the balls on the table was nice, not too many but enough to show that he was playing pool.

Tuesday Jan. 13: My Living Room

After having not shaved my legs since the first week of July, I decided it was time. It was recommended to me that I document the process, a much more difficult task than I orignally anticipated. I have removed the shaving pictures, at a request. But anyways here are the clean legs.



Legs successfully shaved clean. 2 hours later.

Wednesday Jan 14: Nowhere, nothing, no shot for today

Thursday Jan. 15: The Edge Teen Center

The above image is just a silly image of Matt modeling through my brothers legs. His facial expression was priceless, that is why it is here.

Below is another picture of Carlton, thank goodness someone is animated on Thursday nights.
I took the photo because of the repetition of raised hands in the image. I made Carlton's hands frame the rest of the hands so that the idea of hands would be more obvious.


Friday Jan. 16: Julie's Room:

This was part of our stalling for the Amanda-driving-up-to-surprise-people day. I liked how obvious the action in this picture was, as well as being able to see the action close up, and her entire face in the mirror. I thought it would be a cool idea to do, and I enjoy photographing in mirrors. Julie was amused. I also appreciate that the light reflecting off the mirror provided a nice fill light on her face in the otherwise dark and nastily lit RIT dorm room.

Bucky's Apartment:

We surprised Bucky and Della with fun toys, which included Sock 'Em Boppers. Watching Della and Dan go ninja style boxing with those sock 'em boppers was very interesting, if not potentially dangerous for the innocent by-stander. I liked the closeness of this image, as well as the blurred action that shows you how fast they were running around and pounding each other. The anticipation of Dan moving to his left is a nice moment too.


Saturday Jan. 17: Panera

We went to eat at Panera for breakfast. Della decided to get a massive mug of cocoa and I decided to photograph her drinking it, since the cup was so over sized. I liked this one because she wasn't staring at the camera while I was taking them.


Sunday Jan 18: RIT Dorm Side

This is the view of a bench in front of Sol as I was walking back from Woyak's room. I just really liked what the shadows looked like. Especially that the shadow under the bench so clearly copied the design of the bench. It was monotone already, so I decided to check out Lightroom's default grey scale conversion action. Over all I like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Sol's bench.. Mainly because after four years at RIT you're able to make a gorgeous picture on campus without including any bricks. It seems like that bench could be anywhere. I love the anonymity.

I commend you.

(Nice picture of myself, if I do say so... my... self.... meh.)