Monday, February 16, 2009

2/2 through 2/8

Monday Feb 2: Living Room

I spent most of the past week ripping cds so that I could burn cds for my mom's jukebox. I waited for the cd to pop out of my computer so that I could add more depth to this otherwise flat image. It is very difficult to color balance because there is like 6 different light temps coming into the pic. I also wish that the hot spot wasn't in the right corner of the pic, but that light needed to be on.


Tuesday Feb 3: Living Room

I just thought it was funny that when I set my glasses and stuff down on my computer that it looked like me. That is all.

Wednesday Feb 4: Grandma and Grandpa Morrison's

My gma is finally home from the hospital! This was just a quick grab shot of her sitting on her bed stirring her coffee. I like the somber mood. It was an interesting situation because I didn't want to keep taking pictures of someone just home from the hospital, just so i could have a nice picture for my blog.


Thursday Feb. 5: Teen Center

Joe was challenging everyone to a chicken wing eating contest, and he finally lost to Matt, his 3rd contest. This is the shot of Matt taking his last victory bite of chicken! I like the look of defeat on Joe's face while there is a mass quantity of chicken in it. You can also see Matt is smirking while eating his last bite. I also like that the foreground is a warmer color and the background is the compliment of that. Also tonight there was a show by the Julia Marie Band. Check out the extra blog for my shots from that!

Friday Feb. 6: Behind the Edge Teen Center

Today I supervised kids building a fort and having a snowball fight. I thought it was really interesting that you could see their feet peeking out through the exit of the snow fort. It was also amusing that they weren't in snow gear. Overall its just a funny detail shot.

Saturday Feb. 7: the Interwebs

This is photofunia, a silly website that lets you upload your pictures into exist frames. I thought it would be hilarious to see a rural scene spray painted onto a city environment to the point where it looks like a mirror into that rural world. This is a picture I took of an old time baseball game and a photfunia on a graffiti frame.

Sunday Feb. 8: Honeyville Church

Today we made valentines for shut ins and needy people. It was a lot of fun. Here you can see Mrs. Porter stamping a piece of the card that was being assembled. I like that this is the anticipation of the end result, instead of just being a stamp on a paper.

1 comment:

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

excellent work , good photojournalist.